Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Duct tape - brilliant and nasty!


Probably the only thing I share with Dick Cheney is an interest for duct tape. It can be such a quick and cheap solution for otherwise pricy or irreparable problems. I am sure everyone has at least one good example for a situation when duct tape has saved them. It is holding together my little digital camera (the battery door keeps on falling off otherwise), my neighbor patched a few holes in his kayak with it (and now happily paddles in the waters of Tamales Bay), my cycling friend uses it to close her bikeshoe.... and, and, and...

I know it is made out of horrible stuff - nothing natural, organic about this. But
my 9 year old daughter loves duct tape, too. She has used it to make all kinds of stuff - she made a very neat bag - which got my husband to forward me an article from maclife that includes instructions about how to make a book bag out of duct tape by Niko Coucouvanis (see above).



A few months ago I spotted a neat little book at the Berkeley Library - but when I returned to check it out it had disappeared from their shelves - I couldn't even find it in their database, but thanks to the help of the librarian I found it again online.
It is by Ellie Schiedermayer: Got Tape? 25+quick and easy duct tape projects for the Whole Family! She decided to share her passion for duct tape by writing this book when she was a student at West High School in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. The book includes some awesome projectes such as: wallets, skirts, belts, sandals and much more...

So here is your homework: send me a picture of something you fixed/created with duct tape - come on! you can do it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bine said...

Maureen emailed me this (thanks so much!):

"Here's the link for not only the cell phone case cover but even
more...... I think I said Wikipedia but its www.wikihow.com. I have it
on my google page and I get new "how to's" every week.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Cell-Phone-Case
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Hat
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Wrist-Band"

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home