Friday, December 08, 2006

My favorite gadget



Listening to NPR's All things considered this week on my way to work got me all inspired. In their week long radio series they have been talking to experts about their favorite gadgets. It's a great show but while I was listening I thought of all the fantastic new great gadgets we just acquired like our digital camcorder and the new phone that makes sure I get my email anywhere, and that is including all the spam (which I have to delete twice now).

While our rapidly emerging technology keeps on spinning and popping out a new tech toy probably every minute or so, I have been doing some research in my kitchen drawers and found my favorite gadget right there: a clothespin!

Now don't laugh! It is true - I love clothespins not only because of their simplicity, and their practical, natural design but also because of all the things I use them for like:

- hang up one of you kids drawings with
- close up that cereal bag
- hold a tablecloth on a table
- having them around just looking good
- playing with while on the phone
- and ...sometimes even hanging up laundry ... (and much much more)


A great gadget does not always have to be something that has just been invented. A great gadget is a brilliant thought turned practical...so what is your great gadget OR what do YOU do with a clothespin?

If you are really inspired please feel free to email me a picture of your favorite gadget at bine@lmi.net and I will feature it in an upcoming post!


Also thanks to greendimes for listing my last post on their news page - I hope that everyone that stops by from over there will enjoy reading My Livingroom Safari..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home