Thursday, November 16, 2006

The new me: juggling family, work and everything else..



This September was a big turning point in my career as a mother - I now have both my children in elementary school!

All these years I spent at the playground, helping out at the preschool, going to the zoo, to the little farm in the park, the kindergym at the Y, waiting for my daughters while they were doing their gymnastics, squeezing in between the other Moms trying to get a good spot to observe them from behind a tiny window while they were taking their swimming classes, and many more hours spent at places that I didn't even know existed before we had children. These days are suddenly over - and now what?

Before having kids I was always wondering what I want to be when I grow up and never really found that answer - having kids put that question on ice - but now it's back. YES.. what do I want to be when I am not "only" a mom anymore...? I know I am not the only one out there with this question - I recently spoke to another mother in the schoolyard, who told me that she was going to a career counseling class especially designed for mothers called Mothers In Balance - what a great idea..!

In the meantime, I never really had the time to think about this question too long... - making sure I stay busy and won't get bored while my kids are at school, I started this blog, a part-time job and take classes at the adult school, I work out, I wash, I cook, (try to) clean up.. and all those other things I did before. My life is in chaos, my house is a mess, but I am having fun -
I think I found the answer on what I want to be when I am not "only" a mom anymore...:

A Mom with a lot of other things going on!

(..and this is why I did not make any entries in this blog for a while..)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't see a husband-head in the juggling, don't tell me that boy takes care of himself!
When the kids go to school, moms should spend their time working on ways to keep their husbands happy! Cleaning the BBQ, going on beer runs, doing the taxes.........

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding what "ares" said :

Ya! Amen! Woo-hoo! Heck-ya!! FINALLY! Y-E-S!!!! There IS a God.

Signed - anonymous

2:24 PM  
Blogger Muddyrich said...

Have you heard of any "Father's in Balance" classes?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home