Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Berkeley vote "YES" on Measure A, please!

Why should the upcoming election on November 7th even concern me? As a green card holder I am not able to vote, and will simply have to rely on the good judgment and intelligence of my fellow residents....And then except my fate: The outcome of a (hopefully) intelligent, democratic happening. I trust you, Berkeley voters, for being part of this intelligent group, because why would anyone vote against supporting Berkeley Public Schools, their teachers, libraries, music programs, computers in schools and a lot more. Measure A has to pass to continue these programs with no increase in taxes.





I just received this email from a friend:

Hi fellow Berkeley public school families!

I'm writing because I hope you're as committed to seeing Measure A pass on November 7 as I am. For the first time, the anti-tax folks are coming out opposed to this measure even though, as you know, it is not a new tax, or even an increase, and it is essential for the future of our schools!

One way you can help is to come to a Measure A "mobilization party" tomorrow 6:30-8:00 pm at 1805 Stuart Street. (Sorry for the late notice.) If you're coming, please RSVP to Judy Appel -- jappel@gmail.com.

Another way to help is to come to contact the Measure A office, either at info@BerkeleyMeasureA.org or at 750-8214. Help is needed to walk door-to-door, make phone calls, table at the Spice of Life Festival and, of course, making donations to pay for all those lawn signs and mailers!

Hope to see you there!


(and dont forget to go to the "Spice Of Live" Festival this Sunday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home